Upgrading Thunderbird to lastest version (>= 78) with Oauth2
You must have or upgrade to Thunderbird >= 78 for this to work. Choose Help->About Thunderbird to find your Thunderbird version number. Note version 68 will probably not auto upgrade to 78, if so upgrade manually with one of the links below
Windows: Download Thunderbird upgrader/installer at : Ninite_Thunderbird_Installer.exe.
Mac OS: Download Thunderbird upgrader/installer at : www.thunderbird.net.
Close Thunderbird if it's running and then run the downloaded installer to upgrade Thunderbird to latest version.
Setting OAuth2 authentication in Thunderbird:
- Open Thunderbird. In the top right navigation dashes (aka hamburger menu) click 'Account Settings'.
- Under your @fsu.edu account click "Server Settings". Change "Authentication Method" to "OAuth2". At any point after this step you may get a webpage asking you to logon to FSU CAS. It may require 2FA.
- Click the @fsu.edu account itself to pull up "Account Settings". Note at bottom which "Outgoing Server (SMTP)" it is using.
- At the bottom left click "Outgoing Server (SMTP). This brings up the list of your outgoing email servers. Click the one noted in previous step.
- Click "Edit". Change "Authentication Method" to "OAuth2". Click "Ok".
If you are off campus you may be asked for 2FA. If you get asked and haven't set up a device you can set one up at: https://its.fsu.edu/2fa. Click the "Manage Devices" button and add a device.