New FSU research led by Professor of Biological Science Hengli Tang finds the Zika virus is directly targeting brain development cells and stunting their growth.
2019 publications of the Department of Biological Science, with links to publications from other years
- The Marvel of Movement: Of all the distinctions between animals and plants, the ability to move at will figures to be preeminent.
- Metals on the Mind: Copper and zinc surge through our every thought.
- Walter's Ant Castles: Walter Tschinkel likes long walks in the woods carrying a favorite shovel and buckets of fresh dental plaster.
- Field Guide: Dominant flora of the ground cover in pine forests of the Apalachicola National Forest (http://www.bio.fsu.edu/fieldguide/fjindex.php)
- Ecology and Evolution at Florida State: Our strength is a long tradition of research excellence, to which we've added a young and growing group of exciting faculty researchers. (http://www.bio.fsu.edu/ee/index.html)
- Dr. Gregory M. Erickson's Dinosaur Growth Page. (http://bio.fsu.edu/~gerick/dinogrowth.htm)