Application forms will be posted by January of the program year. If forms for the year to which you would like to apply are not yet posted, please check back later.
2017 Complete Program Application
The entire Young Scholars Program application may be downloaded in one convenient pdf, or individual components may be downloaded below.
Individual Application Components for 2017:
The applicant is responsible for collecting ALL application components (forms I, II, III, and IV, including an official transcript) and mailing them in a single 9x12" manila envelope. We will not accept applications or components of applications by email or fax.
- COVER SHEET
It is the applicant's responsibility to include this cover sheet along with the rest of their application materials, mailing everything together in a single 9x12" manila envelope.
- FORM I -- STUDENT APPLICATION
- FORM II -- STUDENT ESSAY
- FORM III -- LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION*
Must be completed by one of the applicant's past or present high school math or science teachers. Form and accompanying letter must be sealed in an envelope with the reviewer's signature across the seal.
- FORM IV -- COUNSELOR EVALUATION*
Applicant is to fill out page one before giving it to their guidance counselor to verify and complete. Applicant's guidance counselor may either include a transcript in the same envelope as FORM IV or in a separate envelope, but the envelopes must be sealed with the counselor's signature across each seal.
- OPTIONAL: STIPEND APPLICATION
For students with significant financial need, defined as being unable to attend the Young Scholars Program unless additional support is made available for travel and books.
* It is the responsibility of the student to gather all application components and submit them in one large envelope, postmarked by the deadline. We ask that recommendation letter writers and guidance counselors return signed forms and accompanying documents to the student for whom they are writing them, in a sealed envelope with their signature across the seal.
APPLICATIONS FROM PREVIOUS CALENDAR YEARS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED