Apply to Graduate School in Biological Science at FSU
Begin your application at the
FSU Application Portal
Questions? Contact the Bio Grad Office at email@example.com or (850) 644-4783.
see the Admissions Requirements and the FAQs for more details on how to prepare your application
- browse our Faculty Roster to see if our research specialties match your interests.
- submit a request for more info, or contact professors of interest directly, to discuss graduate opportunities in their labs
- take the GRE and enter your scores in the online application (you do not need to request an offical copy be sent, prior to being accepted)
- international students from non-English speaking countries should take the TOEFL and report your scores in the online application (you do not need to request an official copy be sent, prior to being accepted)
- Fill out the form for the Biological Science Supplemental Application on your applicant checklist. On this form you'll specify an area of interest (Cell & Molecular Biology, Ecology & Evolutionary Biology, or Neuroscience) and list 3 faculty members, who are currently accepting students, as potential advisors.
- submit an application via the FSU Graduate Application Portal, including your statement of research experience, interests, and career goals.
- upload a copy of your undergraduate or graduate transcripts via the Admissions Portal (you do not need to request an offical copy be sent, prior to being accepted)
- upload your CV
- arrange for 3 letters of recommendation to be sent to FSU
Course-Based MS Application Time Line
Course-Type MS Applications to start in Spring 2018 are now being accepted!
Final Deadline: October 1, 2017 at 11:59 PM EST.
Admission Decisions: November 1, 2017.
School Start Date: January 8, 2018.
PhD and Thesis MS Application Time Line
- PhD and Thesis MS Applications for Fall 2018 are now being accepted!
Final Deadline: January 31, 2018 11:59 PM EST.
Interviews: January - February 2018.
Admission Decisions: March 2018.
School Start Date: August 8, 2018
Checking Your Application Status
Once you have applied, the Online Status Check (OSC) will allow you to check on the receipt of transcripts and test scores, as well as the current status of your application. Log in to OSC with your FSUID and password. (Please be aware that the FSU Office of Admissions processes thousands of applications each semester, and it takes time for files to be updated, especially around deadlines.)
Many of FSU's official communications, including your admission decision, are sent electronically by the FSU Graduate School. Please make sure that we always have your most up-to-date email address. You will need to check your email account and the Online Status Check on a regular basis. To ensure receipt of our emails, include firstname.lastname@example.org in your address book.
Also, feel free to contact the FSU Biology Graduate Office at email@example.com if you need assistance or have any questions about the application process.